1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Fluance makes a decent budget line, but without a doubt, go with the SVS system. For a mere $50 more you are getting better crossovers, drivers, enclosures and the engineering it takes to make all the components work together.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
You will be happy with the SVSound set. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Agreed, SVS wins this one by a mile :T

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
There are some from B&W, Monitor audio and a few others but I think you get alot more speaker for your money buying SVS as you dont pay for brick and mortar store fronts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to all that responded to the post! I have spoken with Jack Gilvery at SVSound and decided to go with the SBS-02 System and the PB12-NSD Sub. The customer service was outstanding and they even gave me an extra 5% off my total. I sent them my room dimensions and what receiver I was planning on running and they had emails back to me with in minutes. I have never had that great of service in a big box store!

So on with the build I will post pictures as I start on my room. Just wondering if I should buy all my AV gear now or closer to the finish line. I know im going to hold off on the speaker so I can test them in my finished room.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
I think buying some things early is OK - like speakers. As I saw someone say on a different thread, speakers don't go out of date. :bigsmile:

As far as the others, I would wait - you can watch for a great bargain. For example, Jack found a great sale price for the Onkyo 809 on a weekend from Newegg, so I went ahead and bought it even though I am probably 6 months out from even being able to set it up. IMO, take your time and watch for a bargain so you can save money for room treatment! :T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts