Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi John:)
Would you recommemend the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2 In/2 Out USB Recording Audio Interface for my first steps using REW with the eventual aim of building a 600 litre sonosub with Aurasound NSF18 driver please?
I am basing my selection purely on Amazon customer reviews some of which can be quite authoritative.
Thanks in advance-any other info. or suggestions for reading welcome since I still don't as yet really grasp the relevance of REW to the sub building i.e. what does one adjust on the sub end as a result of REW measurements?
Steve
:scratch::scratch::help::help:

Continuing on: I now notice that I should probably return my Behringer mic. in favor of the caliborated UMIK1 from Cross-Spectrum. However I only have the stock Realtek soundcard-would this be adequate or should I use the Focusrite or an external soundcard instead?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
The purpose of REW is to take measurements of your system in order to track down ways to refine your response and then make appropriate adjustments. This could include anything from in-room placement of your sub(s), room treatments, and EQ.

What kind of mic will you be using? The focusrite looks nice and has phantom power, but there are cheaper options out there like the Art Dual Pre.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please see my edited version updated above for this answer.
Thanks
The Art Dual Pre eh? I will check it out. Great! Thank you.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I purchased a Presonus Audiobox 22vsl. If you watch Guitar center adds you can get one on sale. Its a usb device. Worked with no problems with REW.

Nice unit, Phanton power, great software for monitoring and A DAW. Plus if you dont wont to install all the software it comes with it will work just fine with generic drivers.:wave:

Musicgiuy

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
If you use a UMIK1 there would be no need for an external soundcard, output would come from your computer's audio/headphone out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts