Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Black Widow PFG - the Discussion - Black Widow

I'm trying to create a new thread here asking for suggestions, but it's not letting me (error msg saying no links allowed, even though I'm not naming any sites). Anyway, I am looking to do a CIH setup w/Sintra and need all the help w/brightness I can get with an HC4000 PJ. What is the recommended paint formula..I tried searching for gain data on the BW and C&S/Ultra but couldn't find anything. I assume I need a higher gain formula and all these SF threads have me leery abt trying any of those mixes on the 'other' forum.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Re: Black Widow PFG - the Discussion - Black Widow

I'm trying to create a new thread here asking for suggestions, but it's not letting me (error msg saying no links allowed, even though I'm not naming any sites).
I spun of your post as a new thread for you. :T

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
What size screen are you looking to build? For a 110" screen you'd be around 14+ fL for a C&S Ultra™ screen. IIRC the impromptu gain reading I did for Ultra™ had a value of 1-1.1. I never did a full gain reading on my panel as the formula was still being finalized. I intend to get to it this winter.

Gain readings can be found here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mech! I'll be going for a 116" wide 2.35 screen. My room is completely light controlled with matte black ceiling and black side wall to mitigate reflections. I'm SO over painting at this point (last 3 wknds spent trying to get the black wall/ceiling acceptable). I have a HVLP sprayer as well as an airless, but haven't used either for a project like a screen where there's little room for error. Needless to say I'm kinda scared to tackle it. I'm thinking about maybe even not painting the Sintra at all, but I assume that would be detrimental? On the other hand, it's only a $60 sheet with 2 sides, so I could afford a screw up. Enough of the background, I'm looking for paint suggestions if I go this route. 14fl is kinda at the low end, no? Any way to up the gain in any formulas this crew has worked on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.