Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had some request to post some pictures , so here it is.
Room is 17.5' X 21.5'
Ceiling is 103"
Front sound stage Infinity Classia
Rear sound RBH
Projector Epson 8700
Front row seats Berkline
Rear row seats Coaster Pavilion
AV RX, Onkyo 807

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
amazing!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Really like the look of that room. Only thing I would have done differently is painted the whole front wall and ceiling a darker color.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Really like the look of that room. Only thing I would have done differently is painted the whole front wall and ceiling a darker color.
I originally had it painted flat black, and didn't like it. plus haven't decided what screen to buy , so i needed a lighter color on the front wall to project on. I cant even imagine that the picture will be any better on a screen. It's amazing on the wall

The Theater room started off bare, mostly concrete poured walls, and bare slab and the lobby room was sheet rocked and painted with no molding . I started by studding walls up , wired,insulated, rocked etc . The lobby i had to acid wash the tile floor , add all the moldings , and paint everything. The really only unforeseen cost ($2500) was the addition of a lennox 2 ton heat pump,I found out I didn't have enough capacity on my existing system to supply the theater .

I shopped for three months buying materials before starting the project. All the electronics were bought new as closeouts from various sources , and the lighting fixtures were discontinued items at home depot. rough electrical materials were bought at a local supply house , as was all the moldings (much cheaper than home depot)

·
Registered
54 Posts
nice job, looks great! I like the trim work as well, i know that took some time to install, most people wouldnt take that extra time and money.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am projecting on a painted wall as well and can't see the need for an actual screen. :)

I really would like to see the difference side by side , So i have requested screen samples from Elite. but so far none have arrived. I plan on hanging them on the wall and see if i can notice any change, from painted wall to screen material.

Anyone know how i can get screen samples, of Carada ? Da-lite ?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I really would like to see the difference side by side , So i have requested screen samples from Elite. but so far none have arrived. I plan on hanging them on the wall and see if i can notice any change, from painted wall to screen material.

Anyone know how i can get screen samples, of Carada ? Da-lite ?
Also contact SeymourAV. They have really well priced acoustically transparent screens

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I now have a C&S screen using the new silver paint (slight blue push) and I have to say it is a night and day difference. The colors have MUCH more pop and everything looks cleaner. I would say 50% better . and now my samples have arrived for screen material , and this what I done . I adjusted the screen a few feet off the c&s screen onto the painted wall and taped up the Elite screen samples. I was very surprised at the results. #1 the plain painted wall portion looked washed out and dull by comparison, the c&s wall portion looked great , and the cinewhite elite looked just a touch better than the C&S . Just a little sharper , and a slight more pop, the cinegray looked dull to me as well , And yes I do know it is a bad idea to compare a white and a gray screen side by side.

Final thoughts. I would never go back to a plain painted wall now , is it worth the $$ to go with an elite screen for just a little bit better? no , not right now anyway. I have $83 in my DIY screen and love it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts