Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking along the lines that have been discussed in these posts
Was wanting to use peerless 830500 and matching passive radiator along with a 600 watt “d” class plate amp so am not sure if the discussion was conclusive re port or drone in downward firing position
Have been tinkering with bass box and can only achieve f3 of approximately 28 Hz in a cube shape having 55 litres, would like to be around the 20 Hz mark am I doing something wrong with my calculations
I want to use veneered 32 mm MDF board and have no internal bracing would this be ok with respect to cabinet vibrations, I would fabricate feet to elevate the enclosure of the floor to allow for cone movement but am not sure how high it should be.
I have searched the posts and there is a similar design but in a tower configuration it uses the same components but achieves 19 Hz (both are forward firing)
Some more discussion would be appreciated
Cheers speedie

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
am not sure if the discussion was conclusive re port or drone in downward firing position
Drone (Passive Radiator) is for vertical mounting only.

I want to use veneered 32 mm MDF board and have no internal bracing would this be ok with respect to cabinet vibrations
Bracing is a must to eliminate cabinet vibrations.
I would fabricate feet to elevate the enclosure of the floor to allow for cone movement but am not sure how high it should be
Post #10:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...rted/6171-sonosub-baseplate-distance-sub.html

I have searched the posts and there is a similar design but in a tower configuration it uses the same components but achieves 19 Hz (both are forward firing)
The recommeded cabinet size for the 830500 and matching passive radiator is 35 liters.

http://www.tymphany.com/xls-12-subwoofer

Modeling the 830500 and matching passive radiator requires the T/S patameters of the PR. If you have the parameters please post them.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Yes I have.

The problem I'm having is that it seems that there is disagreement among various people who have used this sub on the net. This makes a big difference on the size of the cabinet.

If you use the T/S params a sealed box for this driver is relatively tiny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts