Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Re: Fourth and Final - Updated Photos

I have attached some more recent photos (top two photos) since Photobucket disabled all of my others . What is now visible is black GOM covering the original acoustic treatment, which is still installed (second two photos). The color differences are due to replacing incandescent 2300K bulbs with LED 5000K bulbs!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Very nice setup. Very clean. I like it. :)

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Wow...that looks gorgeous!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Most recent equipment and room description:

GENERAL: The room dimensions are 22 x 19.3 x 8 (actually, the height is 8 feet less floor under-layment, pad and carpet). The room was originally a loft but we fully enclosed it: double dry wall; Green Glue, carpet underlay to reduce sound from creeping into other parts of the house, new doors and door seals and thresholds, sealed all electrical outlets. The room was originally 27 feet long but took off 5 feet to get better acoustic dimensions and to create a separate room for my equipment and media storage and center channel (behind an AT screen). Have 5 dedicated 20 amp circuits with 4 being used: 1 for front subs; 1 for rear subs; 1 for all front end equipment and 1 for amps.

VIDEO EQUIPMENT:JVC RS4500 Laser Projector; Panamorph Paladin Lens; Lumagen RadiancePro; Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System; Seymour Acoustically Transparent 2:35 120 x 51 inch screen (~1.0 Gain - XD Material);

SPEAKERS: Room is setup as a 9.2.6 theater. LCRs: Triad Platinum LCR's; Surrounds: (4) Triad Silver In-Room Monitors; Wides: (2) Triad In-Ceiling Silver Monitors; SUBS: 8 Seaton F18 subs (2 Masters and 6 Slaves driven by 4000 watt amp in each Master -- 2 in each of the front two corners) and (4) Seaton F18's located along the rear wall; ; 3D Audio ceiling speakers: (6) RSL C34E's

ELECTRONICS: Trinnov Altitude16 Surround Processor; Pure Power APS 2000 Power Conditioner; Two ATI - AT54XNC Amplifiers - 1 Seven Channel and 1 Eight Channel; MiniDSP Open DRC-AN

SOURCES: Synology NAS DS1817+ (32TB/~22TB Usable); Nvidia Shield/Plex for viewing ripped movies. Apple TV 4K = access to Netflix and Amazon TV and others; Oppo 203 4K Blu Ray Player; SGC (Small Green Computer) sonicTransporter i5 CDR for running Roon Core for music playback (ripped files and Qobuz) and collection management

ACOUSTIC TREATMENT: Room design and all acoustic treatment by GIK. First reflections point: GIK q7D diffusors (2 per side) - Covered by cosmetic beveled panels from Acoustimac; Front wall:all absorption; rear side walls: GIK Monster Bass Traps with Scatter Plates (3 per side); Rear wall: (3) GIK q7D's with (2) GIK Monster Bass Traps with Scatter Plates; Left rear corner: GIK Soffit Traps; Front corners: Custom corner traps; Soffit: DIY soffits traps; Ceiling Cloud: GIK 244 Bass Traps (3); The idea for the rectangular panels with beveled edges came from the Theater of Peter M

MISCELLANEOUS: Theater chairs by Berkline; BlueJeans XLR Cables, HDMI Cables and Speaker Wire; Middle Atlantic Equipment Rack; Control4 System Controller; Lighting: All 5000K LED Bulbs

MAJOR EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS: Atlanta Home Theater (Triad Speakers, ATI amps, Trinnov Processor; Middle Atlantic Equipment Rack; Berkline Seating; Control 4 System and Integration); AV Sciences (JVC Projector; Panamorph Lens); Seaton Sound (Subwoofers); GIK Acoustics (room design and all passive room treatment)

ROOM CALIBRATION: Video calibrated by Craig Rounds: CIR Engineering; Initial Trinnov Calibration by Adam Pelz

41 - 47 of 47 Posts