Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this up today for free. It comes on at first, plays but has pink diagonal lines that seem to pulse in speed and slowly change angle after it is on for a few, then the width of the pink lines thin out. Also, after a few minutes is suddenly turns off, with the blinking green light. If I unplug it and restart it works the same again and repeats the shut down. Am I looking at caps again causing the shut down? What about the diagonal pink lines?
thanks for help.
JIm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
let me ask one question. Every thread now regarding the v26 chassis the answer is,,,send to mits or repair shop. Only $300. Well what about those who don'nt have only 300? I have to do something and I know about the caps. my question is, is all of the problems, the moving diagonal lines also cap related? And the shutting down after about 15 to 20 minutes then the fglod, also just cap related? if so I will just replace what I can and hope it works till I can afford another tv. oh that I had hit that 590 mil power ball. I wouldn't worry about caps. lol.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Shutdown could be something else or caps. Lines are usually caps. It is a big job, as there are many boards affected and dozens of caps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
small question...I noticed when I look at the menu that there are no lines, but a sharp,clear picture. Would this insure it is not color wheel related, cuz I thought maybe the pulsing pink lines might be a bad color wheel. Maybe I am lucky (yeah right) that it is only caps. oh well.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The lines are usually caused by caps on the FMT board or PS if I recall correctly. Color wheels can cause streaks or just don't work. You are correct, the fact that the menus are clear eliminates the color wheel as a source of the problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found 1 LARGE 1000 uf cap on the power board that had a kind of bulging top, and two caps on the DM board, one 2200 uf definitely bulged and one questionable, 330 uf. so I hope that works for me. Thanks for clarifying color wheel for me.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You might as well change all of the caps in those sizes of the same brand. They will either be bad or will likely be bad soon. Bulging is a late symptom in the failure of a cap. ESR measures are the most effective way to find the bad ones. There are likely going to number in the dozens, perhaps hundreds and will include many surface mount electrolytics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts