Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member to this forum....

After sending some simple plotting of my sub's room response to SVS, Tom at SVS suggested I check out this forum for some info on the BFD. I am working on some DIY bass traps and panels, but he seemed to think the Behringer might be beneficial.

I've been dabbling in HT for a couple years and have a simple set-up that I enjoy toying with. SVS sub, speakers from Ascend Acoustics, Yamaha receiver with a couple of Outlaw monoblocks and an InFocus 4805.

Once I'm able to post links I have the Excel file with my plots and graph on the web so perhaps someone might be kind enough to take a peek and steer me in the right direction!

Chuck

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the plots. If you have bass peaks the BFD will help greatly and should help reduce the amount of bass traps you will need. If you have dips you'll have to rely on bass traps, furniture etc... to help.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I may have to redo my graph as I was using RS meter correction factors that differ quite a bit from the ones provided on this site (I believe I got mine from the SVS site). Are the ones posted here the most accurate available?

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Chas, Welcome. I too, was born and raised in Minn. (Richfield). I had the BFD and used the Room EQ wizaed to set it. It does a great job, especially if you hook up midi to the BFD. It sets the BFD automatically. Have fun. Dennis

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hello Chuck and welcome to the Shack!

You have definitely been sent to the right place and we look forward to having you around and being a part of the Shack... :T

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. I'm still a little confused about the Radio Shack SPL meter correction factors posted here on this site. The are very different from those posted elsewhere...the large difference in the 16hz figure really throughs my graph off...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts