Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Like so many I tested the iNuke waters a few years back with a 1000DSP. That was my first Class D amp, still shock at how well they work!

But I wanted to upgrade the overworked iNuke 1000DSP so I looked all the way up to the iNuke12000DSP.

I like the iNuke amps but not the design of the cabinets, look kind of out of place for HT use. In comes the Behringer EUROCOM AX6240 to Parts Express. Tons of power and a sweet looking black case so buy one!

If you iNuke owners think those amps have loud fans your mistaken. EUROCOM amps fans are the worst ever!
Now understand the PSU of the EUROCOM is class D but the main amps are class H and do produce lots of heat. Fan swaps need some though and planning.

The first unit lasted 2 hours and would not turn on. PE sent out a second amp which is currently in service. I have reworked the fans, lower RPM, better blade design but added extra units tcircuito keep the air flow up.

Today I had planned on running the amp into my dual 4 ohm dummy load made from six toaster oven heating elements. I'll guess each channel of three heats is good for 1200 watts but that is just a guess.

Using REW for signal I pressed the amp for max output in dual mode. With both channels running into these 4 ohm loads my DMM showed 59.7 volts on the left channel and 59.8 volts on the right channel. I was clipping, red ring on the volume knob indicating such a state and then the light go out. Popped the breaker, (15 amp) several times then put the amp in Bridged mode into a 7.8 ohm load and got an output of 119.7 volts before popping the breaker.

So I will find where I have a 20 amp circuit and try again!

Now as I am a newbie I can't post the pics of the amp while the fan swap was taking place but they will come in time. These amps weigh 22 pounds and are enclosed in a very solid steel case. Looking in side at the PCB's the build quality show more that Behringer has some build quality issues to address with their vendors!! Lots of wires bent over sharp edges that need to be taken care of and a few connects not nested deeply causing intermittent lighting problems but not much else.

The network connects is a nice add on, what is not nice is manually entering ip, sub net and gateway but it works pretty good once set-up.

At any time switching from on mode to another will cause most subs a significant event. These amps deliver light-dimming thumps for a couple seconds so I would switch with out any drivers on it.

So how does it sound? Fast and very powerful. This amp will deliver some serious juice and has more than enough PSU to sustain that power so beware what you hook up to it!

I will post the pics and further test with in a week.

Ciao

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recall first seeing my EUROCOM and its little brother, the AX6220 about 6 months ago. The look caught my eye and the fact the rack mounting ears come off completely was another big plus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts