Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i joined the forum after reading a review of the emotive umc-1 that didnt just bash it and give no reasons why. i was into car audio from high school till about 2 years ago. tried to join navy but got out after two months and with my current job i have a company truck and my personal truck hasnt moved in about a year. i liked Digital designs and helped them with some r&d on some of their stuff. was into bass comps for a while and then i started going for SQL but found it hard since there were few people doing SQL. about 6 months ago i started out with a pioneer vsx-821 and some martin logan 5.1 mlt-2 speakers. after having less that pleasing results i started reading up and found the short comings of what i had. i decided to get a good base that would support future upgrades. i ordered a emotiva xpa-5 and umc-1 due to the great price available from them right now. i know the umc-1 has some short commings but with the upgrade coupon i decided it wouldnt be a bad investment.

about me: i work in the oil field for a company that does rig monitoring. we have sensors to monitor the vital data and a network to allow it to be viewed in real time from a computer as well as past drilling info. have been called the geek squad of the oil field. i was a mechanic for 5 years and went to school for welding and machine tool technologies. i apprenticed as a diesel tech while i was going to school. i have a harley and yamaha raptor that i like to ride when i can.

i like the feel of this forum and hope to be on here till my bug is fixed :D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome to HTS. This is a nice laid back group of very knowledgable guys. Jump right in. It's what we do outside of work that determines our fun in life.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS.:wave:

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,377 Posts
Welcome to HTS! :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Great to have another OKIE! Have fun. Dennis