Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I remove the front screen on my 61UDX10B? I have googled this and have not really found any responses that are all that clear. Any help would be appreciated. I would think something like that would be in the service manual but there are no instructions on how to remove it.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Remove the grille, remove the screw across the bottom, then it snaps off of rails along the sides and lifts up slightly to come off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. I have the screen off and I have cleaned all the cobwebs that were behind the screen. I did notice that there is a very small dead bug inside the red projection tube (between the lens and the tube). Is there anyway to get this out without having to align anything when I'm done?
Also, when I go to put the screen back on, does it just clip in? Will have have to use alot of force to get it in or should it just easily snap back in.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You can remove the lens with the four screws on its tabs. Be sure to only remove the lens screws, not any screws on the coolant chamber.

Putting the screen back on can require a good strong shot with the base of the hand to get it to snap back on. Be sure that it is aligned precisely before tryig it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts