Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD Yamaha RX-V2700

I'm selling my yamaha because I have a new one coming that my hubbie bought me. He bought me RX-Z7 model. I'm researching this model now so I hoping to find good reviews. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the one I have. I'm letting it go for $650 or best offer. Thanks for looking.

Ritzie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this receiver now. Haven't had that long. I wondering if I should tell my husband to send the other one back and I keep the 2700?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I have this receiver now. Haven't had that long. I wondering if I should tell my husband to send the other one back and I keep the 2700?
After doing a quick review to the specification of the RX-Z7, the only differences I saw was the ability to decode HD audio (True HD, DTS HD, etc.) ...is opt to you to send it back and invest that money in something else; Do you watch BluRay or HD DVD???, you can also get the HD audio through the RX-V2700 but it has to be decoded by the player because the AVR doesn't have the decoders for HD audio :yes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We watch alot of BlueRay movies. I bought the PS3 just for that though we have been playing some games on it too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much difference is the Z7 and x3900? I have read lots of peeps like their 3900 and read there are some similarites between the two..

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I think this thread should be split up and moved here.

The Z7 offers 5 HDMI inputs more power output to each channel and better network connectivity. The 3900 only has 4 HDMI inputs and less features and power. Both receivers are very capable of running a Home theater system.
Is there any reason you have to stick with Yamaha? There are many other brands that offer even more bang for buck in that price range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.