Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a huge opportunity laid on my heart this last week.

Ever since my father passed away in November I have had a little falling away from God. It's tough to admit it, but it has happened. I have been trying hard to become close again and continue going to church but sometimes it's tough. I have been going the last 4 months every Sunday though so that is awesome in my eyes; to be building back up to that.

Going back in time a year to November, my girlfriend's parents went to Israel for 10 days on a "field trip" of sorts with teachings of everything that occurred in certain places. They saw a myriad of places, places like where the lame man was lowered through the roof to Jesus. They had a life changing and spiritual strengthening experience while they were there. Ever since I heard of the stories they told my heart has been yearning to go. This last week, I was let known that my girlfriends parents would sponsor me $1,000 towards this trip so I could attend it with them, and a big family group that is going as well. Beyond my heard desire I would love to go. Only situation I'm stuck in is I would have to come up with $3,000 total to be able to go. With my current job (pool cleaning) I work around 50 hours a week. I need to pay off my truck, and some other small things. If I do that, I will be nearly $2,000 short on that final total of $4,000 counting the $1k sponsorship. I am asking if there is a way you would be comfortable with donation $5, $10, absolutely anything towards finding to go to this trip. I am going out on a limb and trying to gather as much money as I can to help me reach the final goal and be able to attend. I know this will do leaps and bounds for my relationship for God and I truly want to attend and hear the teachings, see the places, everything. I believe being in God's holy land will help me become even closed once again. Absolutely any little bit would help. I'm not sure what else to add, if you have any questions just ask! I hope I'll be able to go on this trip. I really think it will be life changing.

I'm not sure if a thread like this is allowed here; my apologies if it's not.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You don't need money or travel some place to feel closer to god. If you believe just believe. Why spend a bunch of money paying people who could care less about your journey. Take that money that you would spend seeing some 'holy land' stuff and donate it to starving poor children in west Virginia. Many thousands of kids in the USA go to bed hungry every night. They have alcoholic or drug addicted parents. Really man you will be very close to god doing good deeds like that. I do stuff like that and I don't even believe in god. I just try to be good. If there is a god he will take care of me in death. If there is no god so be it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts