Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two old (new in the box) 15's that were for car audio S.P.L. competitiion that I got from a friend . I would love to build a box for them but I cannot find any info on them (on the box or web). Thay are "Funkin Audio FASX-380" 15" subs ???? can anyone help me !!! And yes I know the name is funny.
:help:

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Thread moved to DIY Subwoofers- General Discussion.

If you want to build the proper sized box for home audio you'll have to have the sub measured to find out the T/S parameters. Even then the sound quality would be suspect as these were SPL burp subs. Your other option is to sell these subs and put the money towards a sub designed for HT performance.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$$$ from free = $$$
I think that I can find a kid in need for some boom.
I still would like to test one for fun. It would fun.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Before I sale them I am going to be a good friend and ask him if he would like them back. He gave them to me for some old home audio speakers I had .
I will put them on the shack "for sale " page if he does not.
Ether way he gets the jbl's and the powered sub for free.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Box size 3-4 cubic ft total per box. Iwould like to go with 15's for the low 20hz range.
Budget ??? $100-140 per woofer.
I may do this one at a time and see if the sound Q and db's are what I would like.
I will be getting a ep4000 to run it/them.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I am also going to get a samson s-convert.
movies/tv 95% of the time.
Room size 16 ft x 20 ft with tv center at 6 ft off the coner on the long wall. Back wall is half open to the rest of the house. the room is 15ft high

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Box size 3-4 cubic ft total per box. Iwould like to go with 15's for the low 20hz range.
Budget ??? $100-140 per woofer.
That's asking quite a bit. The best deal out there is the CSS TRIO 12, XBL2 with 20 mm Xmax for $159 shipping included. It works well in 4.5 cu.ft tuned to 20 hz. Yellow is 2 subs, each would only need 500 watts. If you go with as pro amp you'll also ned an add on Hi-Pass filter like the Reckhorn B1.

trio121.JPG

1 - 20 of 26 Posts