Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
No chance. We don't have the capability or equipment to do so. REW automatically assumes zero past 200Hz. I wouldn't trust it beyond 10KHz......

brucek

I've been reading like a madman trying to get up to speed on testing microphones and came across your post.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you saying that above 200hz, REW isn't going to factor in adjustments from the microphone calibration file?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
REW reverts to the standard C-weight curve outside the limits of the calibration file....

If the cal file stops at 200 Hz, then C-Weight curve takes over after that (same as for the bottom end limit).

brucek

·
Registered
493 Posts
So, is the C-Weight curve basically there for those without a calibration file as most calibration files go up to 20K?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
So, is the C-Weight curve basically there for those without a calibration file as most calibration files go up to 20K?
Whatever the lower and upper limits of the calibration file is, determines the point that the C-Weight curve will take over (if C-Weight is checked in REW)....

brucek

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is super old but in January of 2017 it is still the first result when googling "galaxy cm-140 calibration file" and it might be worth pointing out that although in 2007 the .cal file for the galaxy CM-140 that was provided only went up to 200hz, the file that is now available goes all the way to 20khz (and as before, down to 5hz).

Love this site and thanks for the hard work (the downloads page referenced where you can find the mic .cal files was last updated in February 2015).

41 - 45 of 45 Posts