Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been gating the impulse response of measurements in order to understand better the room contribution (floor/ceiling reflections) to the sound my speaker system produces. This has been most instructive.

If I set the IR windows (Right Window) to 2,5mS then I can examine the impulse response before the floor bounce arrives. Of course my frequency response is limited by this procedure (REW Help V.5.18 p.14) to 1/2.5mS = 400Hz. However REW shows me a display below 400Hz. The file I have uploaded is the normal response of the mike at 2.2m distance overlaid with a gated version (the smoother curve) of the same response. My question is: how should I understand the curve of the gated response below 400Hz which REW shows me, although the theory explains that I don't have a response below 400Hz?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The region below 400 Hz is being shown due to the combined width of the left and right windows, REW uses that overall width to decide the valid range of the response. Ignore the content below 400 Hz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts