Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this plan to shove my gear in a server rack, and then under the stairs. I have installed an exhaust fan in the room which will force are through ducting and into another room, it will be controlled with a temperature switch which will kick it on at a set temp(any temp setting recommendations needed).

I recently picked up a server cabinet which has a door, back and all the sides. I have removed the back for easy access to run the cables, but should I remove the sides as well. Also would adding a fan on top of the sever rack help, if so what would you recommend? There appears to be a place I could mount a fan of some sort and wanted to see what you all recommend.

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks gordon for sharing that site, that is just what I need.
Funny the only way i could respond is by quoting.

Anyways, i have recently added a behringer inuke to my system for subwoofer duty. This particular unit has a fan that appears to blow out towards the front. Everything on the rack seemed pretty cool. This got me thinking, if i dont intend to have a whole lot of gear, what are the chances it wouldn't get that warm in there. Now i do plan on removing two pro power amps and adding a media server. So i will still plan on the exhaust fan blowing air out of there. At least it will be there for back up.

But for now I am running cool, i might see of there is a quite fan mode for the Behringer though it doesn't seem to be to noisy at this time. We will see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts