Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I moved this to Home Audio Speakers since it was a review of speakers.

Good listening... of course these types of reviews are always going to be subjective, just as my thoughts as follows will be.

Personally, I have never heard a better sounding speaker than Martin Logan's. I wanted them for years and just never bought, but once I did, there is no turning back now. It is simply not a sound that I have ever been able to get with any other speakers. The Source and Purity speakers you heard are their absolute bottom line speakers, despite their price tag. I suspect the listening setup was not the most desirable either, which will not help ML's. They need to be setup in the proper environment or things will not sound right, as you stated. As picky as those two speakers are, I am not sure why ML even bothers, but I suppose it will be for that person that had that picky setup area that is needed to get the most out of them. To me, a persons money would be much better spent on buying used and bigger ML's for the same money. For instance, the Ascent i's that I previously owned can be had for about $2000 on the used market... actually three pairs on Audiogon right now ranging from $1900 to $2200. These are not nearly as picky... huge sound stage, excellent depth, imaging and clarity... voices are spot on... the detail is unmatched by most any other speaker available (I am not saying all, just most). You can actually get up and walk around the room and still be in audio nirvana.

Is this store something like a Best Buy, Circuit City... or is it supposed to be a bona fide audio store?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts