Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im soon going to be moving.i am planning a media room,theater room whatever one wants to call it.anyway would a good place to start be.1 of these in each corner,and 1 of these behind the seated listening position.bear in mind it will be a work in progress,and more treatments added later.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
The Tri Traps are fine in the front corners. For the Monsters, you would be much better off with 2. You just simply need the additional surface area to address the size of the waves you're trying to address.

Bryan

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im planning on 4 of the 244 traps.a single monster mounted horizontally lenghtwise above a sofa.im going to stratle the corners of the room with the 244 traps. this is how i plan to start going to add more later.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
That' fine. In my opinion, you'd be better with just 2 of the 244's for the front corners and a 2nd Monster in the rear.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
:T

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got an email from Christina Stone the panels should ship on the 26th.I am excited can't wait.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok just a small update i do have a tracking number.so thay have been picked up and on the way.:D

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Is it Christmas yet? :D

Just kidding. Bryan led me down the path of treating my room about 3 years ago. It made a huge difference!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it Christmas yet? :D

Just kidding. Bryan led me down the path of treating my room about 3 years ago. It made a huge difference!
haha yeah its an early xmas for me.it seems that way anyway.ive read alot on the differences room treating makes.so i decided to try some.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Nice. Haven't seen Infinity RS6's for a while. Those were my favs of the reasonably priced speakers in that series from them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes i agree i do enjoy my kappa's.i think i will enjoy them even more soon.my tracking info says they should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well the panels have arrived,and im doing some initial listening.will report back some thoughts after bit.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
first thing i put on is a godsmack concert on dvd.let me just add ive listened to this concert numerous times.ive also listened to it in a couple different rooms on the same equipment.so far my first impressions are.when the first song starts it opens with a strong bass guitar line.the bass notes are defo much more defined,and even sound a bit deeper.on the song serenity i immediately noticed the sound of the tom tom's.they sounded much different and more pronounced.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok i have 1 244 trap in the front corners behind the speakers.got one monster in the back corner,and the other monster mounted above the seated listening area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts