Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just started using REW and can't figure out why the below is happening.
When selecting generic under equalizers I enabled all 20 available bands and set them to Auto PK but when I click Match Response to Target REW only uses 9 of them and sets the others to None.
I also set the range to 30Hz thru 12kHz but the highest filter is set to 601Hz even though I have problem areas higher in the spectrum.

Is there a setting for max usable filters I am not aware of, is this a limitation of the Match to or a bug.
I am using V5.01 Beta 17 build 2967

I will be entering the filters into JRiver's PEQ so I am not limited by number of bands.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
If your response is falling under the target curve above 600 Hz then that is the reason. In that case just move the target level lower and try again.

From REW Help:
"Note that REW will not apply filters below the frequency at which the measurement first exceeds the target to prevent trying to boost a response below its natural roll-off, if you wish to lift the low end response this can be done with manually applied filters but beware of exceeding the excursion limits or headroom of the woofer."

It is a similar situation at the high freq end as well. Note that REW does not apply automatic filters above 10 kHz in any case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your response is falling under the target curve above 600 Hz then that is the reason. In that case just move the target level lower and try again.

From REW Help:
"Note that REW will not apply filters below the frequency at which the measurement first exceeds the target to prevent trying to boost a response below its natural roll-off, if you wish to lift the low end response this can be done with manually applied filters but beware of exceeding the excursion limits or headroom of the woofer."

It is a similar situation at the high freq end as well. Note that REW does not apply automatic filters above 10 kHz in any case.
Thanks I lowered my target and now is has entered more values and the highest freq is 9xxxHz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts