·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ain't it obvious?

"Bose Acoustimass® 5 + 1 Speaker System" :foottap:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
You have a whole s**t-load of stuff, much of it quite good with the potential for excellent sound but, imho, there is a glaring and unavoidable weak link.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My house, actually it is a shared house (with the spousal unit) so I must say, our house has lots of art in it. On the walls and on the floor. Speakers on the floor are no longer de rigor. I gave my custom Klipschorns® to my BIL, =!8^(, and the electrostatics are in the storage unit.

The sound reproducers are out of sight. I wish sound-wise that was the fact but alas, they must not be easily seen.

Batsheva gives me lots and lots of latitude for my toys so in the shared area(s) I feel compromise is fair. She does like music very much, professional flutist and flute teacher, but .....

Being in Califas where square footage is VERY expensive, plus our lot doesn't allow any growth, I have tried to do the best with what is available space wise.

So, what is to be done? I am asking questions about in-floor subs in that forum.

Here is anigif of the room from about ½ way in from a few years ago. It shows the remote control video monitor lift and window shade.
http://www.w3ab.org/Documents/GEO/TV_LIFT.gif

You have a whole s**t-load of stuff, much of it quite good with the potential for excellent sound but, imho, there is a glaring and unavoidable weak link.
Jason, yes my comment was meant to be humorous but since I don't play well in the psycho-acoustic world I was merely being real.

Physics always wins, chose your side carefully. :sn:

I will be returning to work tomorrow so I will be posting less frequently.

Ciao,
GEO

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
My house, actually it is a shared house (with the spousal unit) so I must say, our house has lots of art in it. On the walls and on the floor. Speakers on the floor are no longer de rigor. I gave my custom Klipschorns® to my BIL, =!8^(, and the electrostatics are in the storage unit.

The sound reproducers are out of sight. I wish sound-wise that was the fact but alas, they must not be easily seen.

Batsheva gives me lots and lots of latitude for my toys so in the shared area(s) I feel compromise is fair. She does like music very much, professional flutist and flute teacher, but .....

Being in Califas where square footage is VERY expensive, plus our lot doesn't allow any growth, I have tried to do the best with what is available space wise.

So, what is to be done? I am asking questions about in-floor subs in that forum.

Here is anigif of the room from about ½ way in from a few years ago. It shows the remote control video monitor lift and window shade.
http://www.w3ab.org/Documents/GEO/TV_LIFT.gif
I love the animated GIF and the room. I don't see any speakers but that, I guess, is OK and consistent with your situation. I like 'em big and prominent but, then again, square footage ain't cheap around here either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts