Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, only my second post here, but I'm getting closer and closer to the closing date on my house.

Day 1 purchase is going to be an Klispch RF-7 5.1 package. With that, the TV, and lots of furniture (including theater seating from I'm going to be holding off on the AVR upgrade (possibly with amp). In the meantime I have my old receiver that's been good to me. As far as I can tell I should be able to use it with the RF-7s ok until I upgrade, but wanted to make sure there wasn't any issues or concerns that could be foreseen.

Here is a link to the AVR I currently have? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Won't let me post the link till I get 5 post, It's a yamaha HTR-6090

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Great choice in speakers with the rf-7's. They are highly efficient speakers and really won't need much power so you should be fine with most any AVR. I have rf-82 ii's driven by a Onkyo tx-nr809 and my AVR hardly breaks a sweat driving them. I also tend to listen on the loud side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Was pretty sure I'd be good, but never hurts to ask. Now to get Sub ideas and I'll be good to go...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
No need to rush into new gear. Get settled in and take your time. You can upgrade gradually. The best would be to see if you have any local dealers or private sellers that will let you audition in your home. If not, ask questions here of the many seasoned HTS members.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'd check the subwoofer forms for ideas if I were you. I like to diy myself for the best value. Of course, we'll want to know your budget, room size, and how big a box you can get away with in your room. There are a number of really great manufacturers out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts