Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried it the first time today. Unfortunately I couldn't gt it started.
I am using a MacBook pro 15" 2010 with a a RME Fireface UFX. I can get the pink noise out of the soundcard but can't loop it back to the programm (no input metering). Microphone isn't working as well (no input metering).

I read the getting along from John Reekie but didn't help. The Version 5 crashes maybe wrong buffer size?
Am I doing anything wrong??:help:
Line in is installed and passes the audio through which I can see in the graphs. But Soundflower isn'T doing anything. I guess

EDIT: Is Working now!!! Patch mistake ;-)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have read a lot of posts but still unclear on whether a macbook pro retina with ox 10.9.4 (which is mavericks latest version) will work with REW using a USB mic - MiniDSP UMIK-1. Maybe there isn't a clear answer but please let me know.

I also have Fusion running MS Windows 8.1 if it is easier to run virtually.

Do i need to run HDMI out to processor if processor has built in tones?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
REW Beta 21 works fine with the UMIK-1 on OSX 10.9.4 here.
You have to use the tone sweeps generated by REW. Line Out or Headphone Out.
DD

·
Registered
15 Posts
As someone who has never used REW before, I was waiting for the latest version to come out of beta but I suppose I can give the beta a go...

Some questions:
1. Is REW now working with the UMIK-1 and HDMI (ie, can I just use a HDMI connection rather than an analog connection between my Mac and receiver)?
2. If so, with the latest version of REW, do I still need to use SoundFlower and LineIn?

Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
The latest Beta REW works happily at 48K and thus the UMIK-1 works perfectly.
I don't know HDMI, but if your computer can output on HDMI while using the USB of the UMIK for audio input, it will work fine.
DD

·
Registered
15 Posts
The latest Beta REW works happily at 48K and thus the UMIK-1 works perfectly.
I don't know HDMI, but if your computer can output on HDMI while using the USB of the UMIK for audio input, it will work fine.
DD
Thank you DanDan - I think I'll soon be ordering a UMIK-1. Its going to be great to finally be able to see what my room response is like and to start optimizing :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks, i got that to work! was confused as seemed from other posts like newest beta version eliminated need for sound flower

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks, i got that to work! was confused as seemed from other posts like newest beta version eliminated need for sound flower
Fantastic that it worked out for you. So I take it you still need to use Soundflower and LineIn? I have my mic arriving in the next week or so. Originally I was going to go the HDMI route right away but I've now decided to initially just use an analog connection to my AVR as my first task will be restricted to finding a good location for my sub. It will be my first time using REW - can't wait :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is great folks ... the UMik was purchased last week. Will be using analogue as well and a 2X4 Minidisp/REW for a two driver open baffle (tubes for the full ranger and a solid state beast for the woofer). Can't wait for you folks to share your experiences.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm using REW with an Apple mouse, the kind with a touch sensitive surface for scrolling. I'm finding I'm accidentally zooming my graphs when my finger accidentally brushes the mouse surface. Is it possible to disable this graph zoom via the mouse?

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I'm using REW with an Apple mouse, the kind with a touch sensitive surface for scrolling. I'm finding I'm accidentally zooming my graphs when my finger accidentally brushes the mouse surface. Is it possible to disable this graph zoom via the mouse?
I've added a View preference for that in the next beta.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Then I really have a rookie question: How do I specify single channel output without the workaround?
As far as I know, you still need to use Soundflowerbed to direct REW output to specific HDMI channels.

I just tested it on Mavericks and it seems to work fine.

Great work John on the update!

·
Registered
133 Posts
As far as I know, you still need to use Soundflowerbed to direct REW output to specific HDMI channels.

I just tested it on Mavericks and it seems to work fine.

Great work John on the update!
Thanks for confirming. That matches my experience as well.

Well, at least the first part, that just using the default and built in solution only gives one stereo output via hdmi on the mac right now.

The second part of your post is very intriguing! I have so far been unsuccessful using Soundflower to select i individual channels. That option is greyed out for me.

Did you have to do something to enable it?

121 - 140 of 171 Posts