Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats to phillihp23. Hopefully some pictures will be forthcoming once everything is in place ( including before and after photos)............ In retrospect, 1/30 or so chance to win this package was pretty great...............sure beats the Powerball odds.........

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Yes the odds were great that's for sure. I love contests like this a great item and good odds and it goes to people that will put it to good use and we get to here about how they like it and what it did to improve there rooms.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
HOLY !!!!! I just found out I won this. I never got the newsletter and I subscribe. I also never saw the post on this thread. I just was browsing the newsletters from the website and saw this. WOW!!!! This is cool. I never got a PM about it either. Someone tell me what i need to do while I try and figure out what I want to order!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Thank you to HTS, and all you great people who frequent the site. Sorry, you all probably thought I was stubbing my nose at you. It sure was a surprise when I stumbled across all these congrats on winning. Was one of the most shocking revelations that ever happened to me. I will be sure to take photos pre-install and post install. Just starting to work through the determination of what to get with Bryan over at GIK.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Congrats Phillip! Welcome to the club! I know what you mean. I was a lucky winner of an SVS sub. When I read the PM, I didn't understand, so I went on about my day. I started thinking about it and replied. Holy!!!!!!!!!!! A great feeling. Congrats again.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Congrats Phillip! Welcome to the club! I know what you mean. I was a lucky winner of an SVS sub. When I read the PM, I didn't understand, so I went on about my day. I started thinking about it and replied. Holy!!!!!!!!!!! A great feeling. Congrats again.
Thanks Willis7469

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Placed my GIK order..now just excited to get them and try it out.
Tri trap corner base trap x2 for the front corners (possible buy two more to stack to the ceiling)
Freestand acoustic panel 4" x2 for the side reflection points
244 bass trap x2 for the center of the ceiling were it peaks and relfects.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Installed my acoustic panels yesterday. I have two more Tri-Traps on order. Doing the tri-traps floor to ceiling in both front corners.

First impression so far without playing any reference material (blu-rays) or putting the tri-traps in the right corner yet....I may not be using the right words to describe my acoustical impression...but here goes..it instantly seemed like audio was "cleaner and defined" rather than what previously could now be called somewhat muddy sound. The audio feels more "controlled or less scattered". When I get the other two tri-traps installed I will post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Here's the pics:

Left side with GIK
[/URL][/IMG]

Left side without GIK
[/URL][/IMG]

Right side with GIK
[/URL][/IMG]

Right side without GIK
[/URL][/IMG]