Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought some 14 AWG bare wires and it seems like its too thick for the binding posts... Do you think I would have to resort to buying pin or banana connectors?

Thanks. I'll post up pics when I'm done installing my PC setup (my hard drive died last night! Talk about bad luck... :hissyfit:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I never noticed before, but the holes are very small. You could always trim some of the strands from the wire to make it fit, but bananas would be more practical.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
GLS banana plugs

So i bought some 14 AWG bare wires and it seems like its too thick for the binding posts... Do you think I would have to resort to buying pin or banana connectors?

Thanks. I'll post up pics when I'm done installing my PC setup (my hard drive died last night! Talk about bad luck... :hissyfit:)
I use GLS banana plugs.

Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would just take a drill and make the holes bigger, as I am not a huge fan of using banana plugs, I go for the solid mechanical connection.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about using a drill, until I realized that I didn't actually own one. I bought some pin connectors instead and used four pin connectors on the the four binding posts on the receiver and used bare wire for the speaker.

I got my speakers set up finally. I cant judge how they sound because I have it hooked up to my ****** laptop atm. When I hook it up to my PC, i'll be sure to give my review.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts