Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my understanding of the TCA Gizmo versions:

Numbers Vers $ Credit Problems
1-200 1.0 $ 99 +S/H $50 blinking light, fixed sub out
201-400 1.1 or 1.1 ? $99 +S/H -- ? light and sub out fixed
400+ 1.1 $139 -- --

(ok, my MS word table and non-MS Word table got mangled, but hopefully that mish mosh conveys my points)

Craig –

Could you give us an estimate of the running total of Gizmos sold.
That way those of us waiting for a v1.1 would have an estimate for wait time.

I still will likely purchase a 2nd Gizmo soon, but will likely wait to order the 3rd until the v1.1 is out.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mike,

I believe Craig last said the second batch (201-400) would not be retrofit to 1.1, so you basically have 1-400 at $99 plus S&H with a $50 credit to a new purchase, or the $139 1.1

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
m-fine -

Thanks.
I was unclear on that.
I guess I shouldn't wait for the 400+ mark then and just get another one.
It would still be nice to see the "counter" for time to reach the 400 mark then.

Mike

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Matt is correct (and loves it when I say that ... :cloud9:) ...

Gizmos 1-400 will be the V1.0 and will sell for $99 plus shipping plus $50 credit towards WAF-1, Scamp or DAC-MAN.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt is correct (and loves it when I say that ... :cloud9:) ...

Gizmos 1-400 will be the V1.0 and will sell for $99 plus shipping plus $50 credit towards WAF-1, Scamp or DAC-MAN.
Craig -

Thanks.
I just ordered another v1.0. 2nd one - 1st online (slow website however)
Any idea what the count is at?

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Will the $99 early-bird price still be in effect if I buy a second Gizmo of the v1.1 variety?

Thanks,
Jim
Hi Jim,

Gizmo v1.0 will sell for $99 (plus shipping) until they are gone; that comprises the remaining 60+ and the 200 that are on the way.

Gizmo v1.1 will be available for $139 from the get-go (no introductory $99 price).

Hope that clarifies things a bit. :goodvibes:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered #3.
Working on 2 people at work for them to consider #4 and #5.
Where is the ticker at now?
:applause:

Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mike: You can add this table a code block and it will retain its formatting. You may have to add spaces to align the columns though. Here is an example:

Code:
[U]Numbers[/U] [U]Vers[/U] [U]Price in USD[/U] [U]Credit[/U] [U]Problems[/U]
001-400  1.0 $ 99 +S/H       $50 [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]blinking light, fixed sub out[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]401 & up   1.1  $139 +S/H            --   --[/FONT][/FONT]

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike: You can add this table a code block and it will retain its formatting. You may have to add spaces to align the columns though. Here is an example:

Code:
[U]Numbers[/U] [U]Vers[/U] [U]Price in USD[/U] [U]Credit[/U] [U]Problems[/U]
001-400  1.0 $ 99 +S/H       $50 [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]blinking light, fixed sub out[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]401 & up   1.1  $139 +S/H            --   --[/FONT][/FONT]
Thanks.
You are much more computer savvy than me.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, let me just see if this is right. Personally I would want a v1.1 for myself, although for my wife the sub out won't even be used so I could get a v1.0 for $99 then have a $50 credit to put towards some WAF-1s for her? If so that is the 2 channel budget setup of the year! :stirthepot:

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Okay, let me just see if this is right. Personally I would want a v1.1 for myself, although for my wife the sub out won't even be used so I could get a v1.0 for $99 then have a $50 credit to put towards some WAF-1s for her? If so that is the 2 channel budget setup of the year! :stirthepot:
You have it exactly right on all counts ... :rock:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Any idea how close we are to getting the v1.1 Gizmo's shipping?

I'm still itching for the improved version to replace my existing Gizmo.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gizmo #'s

Craig -

I asked this somewhere else and I realize that there may be reasons you don't want to share this, but I'll ask again...
:poke:

# Gizmo 1.0 originals sold?
# Gizmo 1.0 modified sub outs sold?

remaining number of Gizmos before Gizmo v1.1 available?

I think that might help people plan purchases and watch the "countdown".:rock:

Thanks and again it is your business, so it's cool if you don't want to publicize those numbers.:cool:

Mike

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Good morning .... We got UPS confirmation yesterday that appx. 165 modded Gizmos are on the way to our Erie fulfillment center.

They will be sold for $119 delivered anywhere in the continental USA.

The only difference between modded 1.0 and V 1.1 will be the flashing blue light in stand-by and the 1.1 will have a higher overload threshold on the input.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good morning .... We got UPS confirmation yesterday that appx. 165 modded Gizmos are on the way to our Erie fulfillment center.

They will be sold for $119 delivered anywhere in the continental USA.

The only difference between modded 1.0 and V 1.1 will be the flashing blue light in stand-by and the 1.1 will have a higher overload threshold on the input.
Craig -

Ok.
Cool.:thumbsup:

Can you tell us what this means:

"...higher overload threshold on the input..."

(I mean, I think I know what it literally means, but why is it important)

Thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Gizmo V.10 can handle a 3 volt input without overloading, which works well in most applications.

We have seen a few instances in which the input was overloaded - usually with either very inexpensive CD/DVD players or with computers being uses as the source.

The computer issues were easily fixed by turnng down the volume using the on screen display on each person's computer.

The CD/DVD player issue was normally not fixable, as these units do not often have a variable output.

So ... we increased the input ability for V1.1 to 9 volts.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gizmo V.10 can handle a 3 volt input without overloading, which works well in most applications.

We have seen a few instances in which the input was overloaded - usually with either very inexpensive CD/DVD players or with computers being uses as the source.

The computer issues were easily fixed by turnng down the volume using the on screen display on each person's computer.

The CD/DVD player issue was normally not fixable, as these units do not often have a variable output.

So ... we increased the input ability for V1.1 to 9 volts.
Interesting.
Thanks.

Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts