Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good morning .... We got UPS confirmation yesterday that appx. 165 modded Gizmos are on the way to our Erie fulfillment center.

They will be sold for $119 delivered anywhere in the continental USA.

The only difference between modded 1.0 and V 1.1 will be the flashing blue light in stand-by and the 1.1 will have a higher overload threshold on the input.
blackzarg -

See above from craigsub a few posts earlier.

I think (ask TCA on Mon or online) that the modded 1.0 will equal v1.1 price without the GC for the unmodded 1.0 that was offered in the past.

I may be wrong.

In any case, it is a nice tiny amp.
You could get a receiver with more inputs, watts, and bells and whistles for the same price at a B&M store, but if you are looking for something small it is nice.

Mike

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Blackzarg - All Gizmos in stock are the Gizmo V1.0M, which have been modded to the feature set originally designed by Doug Goldberg, which includes a variable output on the subwoofer out, allowing the subwoofer to track the volume. We currently have 202 units in stock, and have sold 177 units.

The new price is $119 delivered.

These units will not get the $50 Gift Card towards a future product.

However, It looks as if I never took the $50 Gift Card off the table, so here is the deal.

Anyone who purchases (or already purchased) a Gizmo V1.0 or Gizmo V1.0M before June 1, 2009 will qualify for the $50 gift card towards a future product.

Yes, this includes those of you who bought Gizmo V1.0M's for $119 delivered and thought you were not getting the Gift Card.

Gizmo V1.0M's will be on our site at the $119 delivered price this week.

On June 1, 2009, the Gizmo V1.0M will still be $119 delivered with no gift card.

We like the idea of happy customers. :yes:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
TCA Gizmo v1.1 status?

Craig -

I bought another Gizmo (1st v1.0mod) and just curious where the v1.1 ticker is at?

I understand that the v1.0M -> v1.1 differences are only:
- fix blinking light in standby
- higher input voltage (9V vs. 3V) without overloading (a fix for some CD/DVD/computers)

My 17 year old Denon receiver in my office seems to be having problems.
I could bring in my (underused) Emotiva UPA-2, but that seems a little too much for my office.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mike,

We aren't planning to order the Gizmo v1.1 until we reduce the inventory of the v1.0M. We currently have ~140 of the v1.0M and the rate of sale says we will have them for awhile.

I really can't give you an estimate of when the v1.1 might be available, but it looks doubtful in the short term.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Mike,

We aren't planning to order the v1.1 until we reduce the inventory of the v1.0M. We currently have ~140 of the v1.0M and the rate of sale says we will have them for awhile.

I really can't give you an estimate of when the v1.1 might be available, but it looks doubtful in the short term.
Thanks for the update.
I may try my large Emotiva amp and then think about the Gizmo/DAC-MAN combo soon.

:jiggy:

Mike

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Mike,

We aren't planning to order the Gizmo v1.1 until we reduce the inventory of the v1.0M. We currently have ~140 of the v1.0M and the rate of sale says we will have them for awhile.

Ray -

Thought I'd ask for the 2 month update.

Mike

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Still have about 130.
Ray -

Thanks for the update.
I'm really surprised that more aren't selling.
They are great for small spaces like offices.

My colleagues and I are moving offices next weekend.
I've already suggested to one guy that he get a Gizmo/WAF-1 setup.:salute::thumbsup:
He already bought a Gizmo/ELT525M setup for another area he works in.

More later,

Mike

21 - 30 of 30 Posts