Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the other day when I was talking with my mom, I found out that she had been watching more tv shows on the computer, so I decided to get her a Gizmo and already have a few athena Micra 6 speakers sitting around as well as the sub. It is going to be a big upgrade for her from an old Boston 2.1 speaker system that has ~2" drivers with about a 5" sub. :applause: I'll be sure to post impressions

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Well, the other day when I was talking with my mom, I found out that she had been watching more tv shows on the computer, so I decided to get her a Gizmo and already have a few athena Micra 6 speakers sitting around as well as the sub. It is going to be a big upgrade for her from an old Boston 2.1 speaker system that has ~2" drivers with about a 5" sub. :applause: I'll be sure to post impressions
Congrats.
Crazy prices.
I'm amazed they didn't sell better.

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats.
Crazy prices.
I'm amazed they didn't sell better.

Mike
I've been surprised too. From the price point you can't go wrong at all. You can put together a very quality 2.0 or 2.1 computer speaker setup that KILLS any "computer speakers" for very comparable costs.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I've been surprised too. From the price point you can't go wrong at all. You can put together a very quality 2.0 or 2.1 computer speaker setup that KILLS any "computer speakers" for very comparable costs.
The 2.1 option on the Gizmo, for a thing this small, is great. I've got two of them =)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
My brother is getting into web design/etc and had bad computer speakers so I just picked up a Gizmo/WAF-1 combo for him.
I think he'll like the upgrade.

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the Gizmo set up this weekend and all I can say is wow. The Gizmo with the Athena speakers and sub was a huge upgrade and sounds amazing. My mom was certainly happy :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts