Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,384 Posts
It's rather disturbing that a company could get a patent on something this common. Dual opposed subwoofers are certainly not new, nor are passive radiators, so how a combination of the two even qualified for consideration is baffling. You're only supposed to be awarded a patent for something completely unique or novel. Close derivatives of long established designs - or mashups of things that have existed for decades - shouldn't qualify. Given this, I wonder if someone will now be able to patent a subwoofer that has ports firing from both the front and rear of the cabinet. Seems as though it would be about as unique.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,384 Posts
It's pretty unlikely I'll ever get my hands on one of them. I actually tried to get a ForceField 5 over 3 years ago, but that ultimately proved to be an exercise in futility. Email exchanges between myself and Sandy initially went OK, but then things got rather bumpy. For whatever reason all communication abruptly stopped; no more replies to emails, no longer answered my calls, no response to voice mails. Everything just dropped off a cliff. To this day I'm still not sure why.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts