Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I bought the TV, which was awesome for a couple years. Then the light went out so we changed it... then we the red light would flash every now and then but if we unplugged it and tried again it would usually work... then nothing worked so we bought another bulb and replaced it which did nothing. Right after I changed the bulb I tried a few things like unplugging, resetting, etc. The best result I got was the green light would flash, then the fan would come on, then i got excited, then everything shut off and the red light came on.

So I've been reading about all the chassis problems and I'm gonna take my chances on changing out some caps (I think). Is this the right approach? If so, is this a V26 chassis where I can use the caps listed on the thread below? And if so, are any surface mount? Thanks for the help and wish me luck...

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...6-chassis-1st-gen-dlp-capacitor-failures.html

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would strongly suggest that you not try to fix your set. Get an estimate from a Mitsubishi ASC to have the chassis sent to Mits for a rebuild. When it comes back you will have a 6 month warranty. They have been known to cover the cost of the rebuild (probably not the labor to pull and reinstall), in many cases on the V26 chassis, but you will have to contact customer relations with all of the information on the set, including service history and purchase info.

Unless you are going to change hundreds of caps, you will likely frustrate yourself trying to fix this set. The chassis is extremely tedious to take apart, and there is not any easy way to run it with access for testing. Not a good DIY project when Mitsubishi is providing accomodation on many of these situations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, that's too bad though. Was kinda looking forward to the DIY part of it, but I'm definitely a novice and it sounds like this is not for rookies.

I know the process has been posted for involving Mits, my only question is should I have somebody look at it first so I have a better idea of the problem or should I just call them? Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts