Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone!

I just thought I'd post a note letting everyone know that I am stepping down as Admin of HTS at the end of this month. Over the years I've gotten to know many of you on the forums and have become quite close with several of you. It is with a sad heart that I say good bye and move on from HTS.

Sonnie Parker built HTS as one of the best home theater sites on the internet without all the junk that you find at other sites. And I think he accomplished that in spades. Since Sonnie sold the site, the vigor that was once here has faded despite the pleas of many for help from our current owner. I cannot sit and watch as HTS is allowed to wither on the vine!

I will still check in from time to time but I look forward to starting new elsewhere. Thank you for putting up with me all these years and I'll see you around!

Steve Mechelke
mech

PS If you want to get in touch with me, just shoot me a pm!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Oh no!!

Steve, you have been a vital part of the HTS and you will be missed in the capacity you have held for a long time. Your help with many discussions Ive been involved in has always been great.

Thank you and all the best in your new direction.

Tony

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no!!

Steve, you have been a vital part of the HTS and you will be missed in the capacity you have held for a long time. Your help with many discussions Ive been involved in has always been great.

Thank you and all the best in your new direction.

Tony
Tony - you are one of the good guys! I will miss you!

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
mech, I have so thoroughly enjoyed working with you so this is a sad day for me and everyone at HTS. :(

I hope you stay on as an active member.

All our best and happy Thanksgiving!!

-Robert

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yes indeed. What Sonnie created and maintained for all those years was truly unique in this day in age. You have been instrumental in keeping it that way. Good luck to you. Maybe I'll see you up nort!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Greetings everyone!

I just thought I'd post a note letting everyone know that I am stepping down as Admin of HTS at the end of this month. Over the years I've gotten to know many of you on the forums and have become quite close with several of you. It is with a sad heart that I say good bye and move on from HTS.

Sonnie Parker built HTS as one of the best home theater sites on the internet without all the junk that you find at other sites. And I think he accomplished that in spades. Since Sonnie sold the site, the vigor that was once here has faded despite the pleas of many for help from our current owner. I cannot sit and watch as HTS is allowed to wither on the vine!

I will still check in from time to time but I look forward to starting new elsewhere. Thank you for putting up with me all these years and I'll see you around!

Steve Mechelke
mech

PS If you want to get in touch with me, just shoot me a pm!
Wow! What a loss for us, but I understand and share your concerns for the direction of the forum. I am not quite ready to give up on it yet, but we are going to have to get some support from VerticalScope to build it back up to the exciting community that it was.

I have made a request to our staff to give some real thought to what it will take to revitalize HTS and made some suggestions myself. As the most senior of the remaining staff, I feel some responsibility to make an effort to get back what has been lost. I hope you will weigh in on what you think it will take before you go.

Be well and be in touch, my friend!

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
Sorry to see you leave, Steve. I really hope that this is not the beginning of mass exodus. I do believe that the site was much better before Sonnie sold it, and I hope it can once again be like it was before. I hope you stick around as a member as you are a great asset to the site, and a wonderful person to chat with.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
To be honest, I don't think they need anyone new. What used to take an hour or so under Sonnie now takes a few minutes a week with the reduced traffic.
This site is very very slow compared to most other sites I visit which surprises me that some of the giveaways have been given... the speaker giveaway last year was crazy and there was only a handful of people in the running for it.

I still prefer this site structure over others... others are super busy but oh well.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Mech, you are making me sad. I feel your pain as I see the site fading as well. I have always apprecitated your contributions to the forum. You have been an invaluable aid to many shacksters. I hope you continue to frequent the site as I'm sure I will need your advice as my room nears completion! God bless you in your new indeavors!. You will be missed.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Can't say it better than the others have. We are genuinely sad to see you go, but also know that wherever you end up, it will be a better place because you're there. We have a deteriorating situation here for sure. Maybe we can turn it around. Maybe not. But we certainly don't blame you for seeking greener pastures. Good luck and God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Well Steve I know you have to do what you think is best but you will be missed and I want to say thank you for all you have done for all of us here at the Shack. :clap: I hope you will remain here as a member and still share with us from time to time. Thanks again and have a great holiday season. TC.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You have provided many excellent guides and thoughts on our hobby. You will be Greatly missed. Keep on the green side and I am positive you will be a huge addition to any site you move on to. Be Well

·
Registered
363 Posts
This site is very very slow compared to most other sites I visit which surprises me that some of the giveaways have been given... the speaker giveaway last year was crazy and there was only a handful of people in the running for it.

I still prefer this site structure over others... others are super busy but oh well.
Totally agree: T

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
This is both sad and troubling news. While still a good site it's obvious that traffic is down. Hearing Leonard voice concerns is also a definite red flag to me of things going on behind the scenes. I'd love to hear the moderators opinions as to what has caused this and their ideas of what's needed to improve things. Sonnie's daily presence is definitely missed as well as Joe's (ALMFam) Jack (JungleJack) and others. Anybody know where they went?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I know both Joe and Jack left for similar reasons and I do miss there presence. I did call Jack a couple times after he left and he is enjoying his life away from the forums and Joe is busy with his family and such.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.