Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have been a 'Lurker" for some time and for reasons unknown to me, just never posted. I am indeed sorry as there is a wealth of information here. My name is indeed Jack and I am 50 ahhh somthing years old and have been a music/movie lover all my life. I still remember running away from home and school to go to Downtown Chicago just to see and hear the original road show of 2001 A Space Odyssey at the Cinestage theater with its glorious curved screen and surround sound capabilities. I was stuck ever since then.
I have ebbed and flowed in my love of this hobby and for the last year or three have been ebbing. Life has gotten a bit better, by that I mean, less stressful, and time to get back to the thing I love.
I have a modest system now and will post once allowed, love R&B and good old fashion Rock and Roll and even some very old fashion classical. I play guitar on occasion and have several (3) hanging in my office.

Just wanted to say as as the fine folks here sent me a reminder to do so or be killed in a horrible manner by listening to Yoko Ono Cd's while images of her naked flash on my screen for days at a time. A bit too much like Clockwork Orange for me so I caved and said hi. So

Hi.

Good Listening

Jack

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello and Welcome to HTS Jack.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was quick, Thank You.
I am hoping for a long and happy stay as this hobby no matter how hard I try, just wont go away. must be in my jeans or genes or something. in the 80' I remember writing reviews for the Colorado Audio Society for years, with pen and pencil. This new invention of the computer is sure a cool thing. Makes spelling so much easier. :clap:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Jack, Welcome aboard the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Jack!

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HomeTheaterShack.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hi Jack, welcome to the Shack.

Just wanted to say as as the fine folks here sent me a reminder to do so or be killed in a horrible manner by listening to Yoko Ono Cd's while images of her naked flash on my screen for days at a time.
LOL. I'm sure that qualifies as 'cruel and unusual punishment' in most countries in the world.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You all, I feel the love...ok well maybe it is not love but....bonding.
I hope to fit in without starting the house on fire. I think that is always bad when someone starts the house on fire...all the soot and dust and refinishing speakers and stuff. So bad.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I feel better now, I re read the rules and they are much more clear. Groovy.
Easy enough to follow. Being Ex Navy I can learn a new language, what a cool concept. :T

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Jack. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good to have you on board Jack. :T

Thanks again everyone. This is a friendly home away from home, well, as long as the board is not a plank if you know what I mean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts