Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some decent prices on movie posters, I have tried the usual suspects and can't seem to find all the ones I want. Anyone have suggestions on where to buy that they have had a good experience?

I am looking for standard size 27x40 framed or unframed:

Dark Knight
Indiana Jones - Last Crusade
The Wizard of OZ
Mary Poppins

I am trying to keep the price down to about $20 each, and I plan on using inexpensive frames.

I have a nice one I bought from BlockBuster for Star wars EP 4 and its very nice framed I paid $34

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently saw some deals in my local Blockbuster stores, but selection seems
to vary from store to store as do the discounts or lack thereof (from $30 down to $10). These posters are in black frames w/o glass.

Someone posted the mfg's web site of these units in another Forum, if you need that I can round it up for you...

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Carl this is going to sound awfully "duuuh", but just stroll into you local cineplex some morning before they get busy and politely ask. They always have extras in some back room that can be browsed through. Sometimes giveaways sometimes pay a pittance.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

·
Registered
41 Posts
When we were decorating our living room we wanted some vintage movie posters, but couldn't find what we wanted. So, we made our own. My girlfriend works at a sign shop so we got quality posters for nothing by scanning pictures of the ones we wanted. Do you have a certain image of each one you want? I may be able to get you a killer deal on some. :T

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
You could try allposters.com. They periodically have some sales that are pretty good and they have a great selection.

Bob

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm just now going to start my collection of movie posters, I'm looking at 27 X 40 or "DS 1 Sheet Movie Poster - Style D". What does "DS 1 Sheet Movie Poster - Style D" actually stand for?

EDIT: got it figured out, original poster style D of several.

Darren

·
Registered
123 Posts
Still cant find a vendor I trust to buy my movie poster from. I cant tell on half of them wether it will arrived folded or rolled. I dont care if its authentic or not, but it needs to be standard size and well printed.

but I am looking for a specific one:
27x40 Cars Advanced movie poster.

Vendors recommended?

kirby

1 - 12 of 12 Posts