Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay i got a projection screen as i seen a while ago mentioned here on the site about a maxstar screen but nobody ever replied to what these screen were like, so i got a Maxstar 92" high contrast gray with a 1.3 gain, i haven't put it together yet but i must say it is very well built with the aluminum frame and covered with a nice velvet, and the screen material itself is pretty awesome looking and looks like well made also and doubled stitched and has a black backing on it to keep the light from getting through it.

Once i get it together i will take some pics of it and also there is a method to my madness, if i want to experiment with screen paint i just remove the material and i will get a sheet of sintra and paint it and put it to the back of the frame, this way i will have the black border around the sintra sheet already, as i am still planning down the road a bit to try some DIY stuff.

So hopefully this screen will look good with my Benq MW512 DLP projector as this PJ seems to have a pretty good picture just on the wall and is all i really need, but the only thing is i would have to calibrate the PJ for this screen i believe as i do have some ambient light which i may just get some BOC to cover the window or most of it.

But i got all my goodies and ready to start installing, i have no theater room as i live in an apartment as this will be my so called man cave. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am just about done with the setup and will put up some pics very soon, it is nothing fancy like some of the setups i seen here on the site but with the budget i am on it seems like it is going to work out nice and at least i can enjoy a projector and screen setup. :TT

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I am just about done with the setup and will put up some pics very soon, it is nothing fancy like some of the setups i seen here on the site but with the budget i am on it seems like it is going to work out nice and at least i can enjoy a projector and screen setup. :TT
Fancy, smancy... some of us like "minimalist" HT's. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Okay i finally got things setup and sorry for the delay as i was off doing some other stuff, below are pics of this Maxstar 92" screen and hope you enjoy them.

I only calibrated it by eye so far and needs to be still done, but looks not bad at all so far.

These first pics are of the assembly of the screen and when done pics, i am using a samsung galaxy s2 phone camera and it will show some colored lines in some of the pics, but these lines are not there when you are in the same room.

Then a pic of the PJ mounted

And some pics of it with HD content on it as i will have the pic first with the lights on, the light is brighter in real that what is shown in the pics, and will be followed by what it looks like in the dark.

Then just some misc. pics of different stuff.

Hope you enjoyed the pics as so far i am really happy with the setup and it is working great and the Maxstar screen does a nice job on the image and i really happy with this screen. :bigsmile:

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much..and yes it seems to work pretty nice in ambient light and at the time of the pics i has stuff laying around by the speakers..which i should have moved away.

But so far my friends that have seen it say wow and like it, and now they are thinking of getting a PJ and screen since they seen it, i have watched a movie on it so far and it was awesome in 5.1 surround sound as i never had that before till now.

Can't wait to try some pc games on it to see how that looks..but so far i am very pleased with how this turned out so far as i was kinda skeptical with this whole PJ and screen thing..but i am glad i invested in this as it is a lot more cost efficient they getting a big flat panel. And this way a guy can have his own size of screen also and can always go bigger down the road if need be. :T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts