Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 129.99 you get what looks like a good 12" driver and PR for a 2.4ft^3 enclosure. For a grand total of I'd say ~$300 for this project including amp/mdf to build the box it looks like a nice way to get into DIY ;)

Anyone get a chance to hear one of these in action?

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I haven't heard them myself but I do really like Danny's designs. If I were to speculate I'd say they would perform quite well especially for that price. I'd like to hear if anyone has used those drivers as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey guys ,I had the GR sub and Pr .and it did sound good then I started lurking over at the cutt and ended up buying 3 more and building an I/B.they sound great .They have ton's of bass for four 12's and yet you every coard on the bass .For the money they are a good buy the sub pr combo played great .Just got the bug for the I/B.I have a thread in the bfd/rew the last shows the plot of the final eqing . I don't think you can go wrong either way .

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! i'll check in on those graphs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Exocer

I say final equing ,but I am going to tweak it a little on another channle for music ,it sounds great with the HT haven't done any LOR ,but WOW and KONG
were awesome he money they are not a bad driver .They have pretty good xmas for a 12 inch driver and I haven't bottomed them out on anything I have thrown their way .Danny runs a good business ,and makes a good product .I have the A/V 3's for my front channles .going back and looking at the final sweep I would like to get the back end of the graph cleaner ,but the sound is killer . I still have the old enclosure and PR maybe it will become my new garage sub .Good luck also have photos in sonnies I/B post of the sub and the I/B.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your graphs looked impressive. All this IB talk has me wondering :laugh:
Amazing for 4 12" drivers. The only comparable driver in teh Vd area would be Ascendant audio assasin drivers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah for $99.00 a sub you two can have a reasonably priced I/B that can perform .Dn't get me wron there wasn't anything wrong with the 12 and pr at that time .I just kept reading and reading and as an audioholic as my wife puts ,the bug was back .NOt sure what all the t/s parameters mean , Iam diy but alot of the spec's throw me and I am not sure what they all mean in the long run. As for the speakers I am running a behringer a500 in stereo and speakers wired at 4ohms ,processor is at full output no clipping on the bfd and the a500 is set just over 3/4 and they run just fine with HT and with anything you want from heavy metal (metallica),to my daughters hip hop (rap) music ,
Jazz ,or my older brothers death metal (****). having no box the bass keeps up with any double bass you can throw at it ,the back wave is open to my entire attic not just a portion and for a 2000^2 house that is a big box :T ,but all in all I would not change anything the drivers are solid and as you can see with how I have them set I don't baby them :devil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts