Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've just tried to do a measurement (my first one!).

System:
- MiniDSP Umik-1 mic, facing the ceiling on my sweet spot, loaded with the 90 degrees calibration file.
- System: Avid HDX > HD i/o > Xmon > PSI 21M. Just measured L/R of my 5.0 system.

I know i have some problems in the lower end mostly, and I am using a master bus EQ to dampen out some frequencies.
Am going to add more bass trapping, but it's best I think to exactly know what the room is doing, that's why I'm measuring with REW!

Room is +/- 25 square meters, not square 2.7m high. Have soft walls, with wood fiber acoustic material topped with fabric.

So basically I want to check if the measurements make any sense. I don't really understand the IR / phase and if that's good or not.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Measurement looks fine. It is pretty peaky at the low end, that bass trapping will have its work cut out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

So I've installed two Primacoustic cornertraps, behind the speakers in the corners.
There is some improvement already. Will do more basstrapping in the back corners and then start on some absorption on other difficult area's.

Some big dips in there; anyone got some explanation?

Best, T

PS. I moved the speakers a bit further out of the corner, and tipped them in.
PSS. The overlay: purple is the old situation, red the new one!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts