Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally have not seen Gravity as I rarely go to the theaters but everyone I know that has seen it says its an awesome movie, great story, suspenseful, with stunning visuals of earth from space and a lot of LFE. This could be another must have for the collection.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I will check this movie out during the thanksgiving break when I have some time off. The reviews are very good and all my friends who have seen it said it is worth seeing.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Several people who have seen it tell me that this is one that begs to be seen in 3D Imax. I generally don't like 3D but this could be one where it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I have heard the same thing, this movie begs to be seen in 3D Imax and this was coming from people who generally wait to see at home like I do.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Taking the family tomorrow night to see this in IMAX 3D. Have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about the movie.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I will wait for the bluray as well. Unless someone surprises me with a movie night, but we rarely go to the as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I saw it great movie special effects are top notch. I wish it was in 3D IMAX but I has to settle for regular 3D. It will definitely come to EDMAX when it comes out on Blu Ray!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I took the family to see this yesterday and we enjoyed it immensely! I was hoping to see it on the IMAX screen but our theater was showing Captain Phillips on it. Settled for the Real3D Dolby Atmos version and it was spectacular. For the entire 90 minutes I was on the edge of my seat and had sweaty palms. Yeah I was into it!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
oh man, I can't wait to see this movie.

Will have to check it out during the thanksgiving or Christmas break..

Is the 3d worth it? I can see the Imax maybe worth it but 3d?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the details. Yes, now that I think about it, I guess all IMAX are now 3D.. The times we live in. Guess if you don't want 3D you have to see it non imax.. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
This was a great movie, easily the best of the year and one of my favorites ever so I am very much looking forward to the BR release.

While the sound mix was very good with plenty of surround usage it did seem like there was very little LFE when I saw it in Atmos - with movies like Oblivion and Pacific Rim it was readily apparent that our subs at home would get plenty of use (barring any obscene high pass filtering) but this is a very different movie.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of course in reality there is no sound in space :rolleyes: LOL

·
Registered
26 Posts
I saw this film at a Regal RPX Theater with Dolby Atmos. This was probably the most impressive sound I've ever heard in a theater. It wasn't because of explosions or constant LFE... it was the immersion you felt. By far, this was the best Atmos mix I've heard. If you have an opportunity to see it in Dolby Atmos... this is the way to go. :)

Check out this great short documentary on the sound design of this movie.

https://vimeo.com/76123849

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Can't wait to get my hands on this Blu-ray! I cannot stomach the theater any more. Every time I go it is more disappointing than the last.... I'll have to swap Atmos for 9.2 at home. Thanks to everyone here for their enthusiasm AND for not spoiling the story!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I saw this film at a Regal RPX Theater with Dolby Atmos. This was probably the most impressive sound I've ever heard in a theater. It wasn't because of explosions or constant LFE... it was the immersion you felt. By far, this was the best Atmos mix I've heard. If you have an opportunity to see it in Dolby Atmos... this is the way to go. :)

Check out this great short documentary on the sound design of this movie.

https://vimeo.com/76123849

that is very cool -thanks for posting!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts