Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, ran across this forum while surfing for HT information.

Just a little background information about myself:
I work as a Project Manager/Team Leader in an Electrical Engineering firm here in the valley. Been doing it for over 5 years now. Didn't know much about electrical anything until I started from the bottom and worked my way up. This job has allowed me to see a lot of the misconceptions and misleading information regarding electrical/electronic equipment. This includes the HT field, specifically cable. I want to scream when the salesman wants to sell me the most expensive HDMI cable, but I feel bad for him because I know he's just selling what he's been told to sell.

My current system includes the following:

50" 720P Plasma Samsung flat screen. I bought this 1 year ago on Christmas Eve with about an hour left before the store closed. I've noticed this is the BEST time to buy, and I have yet to see the same TV selling for what I paid for mine.

Sony - STR-DG510 Receiver - Again I bought this an hour before the store closed on Christmas Eve, for 1/2 the price. Seems I stumbled onto an unadvertised sale for the entire system. I know it's not the creme-de-la-creme, but it works well for what I want to do. With all the great information here, I'll be updating my system! The rest of the system is all Sony speakers: 100W center channel, sub, front stand and rear shelf speakers.

For Movie equipment, I have an up-converting DVD player with HDMI connection and digital audio. I've also got an Xbox with HDMI connection. My TV has enough HDMI connections for all my equipment, however the receiver has one less connection than I want.

Anyway, hope to gleam a lot of information from this forum!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there AZ Theatre and welcome to the Shack!

I am sure you will find all you need, but if we can help, just holler... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome AZ. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts