Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live a little north of Stowe Mountain Resort, ski at Smugglers Notch Resort and we are expecting our first snow of the season tomorrow. Late week we were at late peak for foliage and this week we are into "stick season." I have a modest 5.1 HT system with an Onkyo 606 AVR and Cambridge Soundworks speakers/sub featuring the MC300 sats. I am always looking for the best bang for the buck and DIY stuff in almost everything, so I am here to learn.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy SkiSmuggs and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you enjoy your stay... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Eric, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us here at the Shack.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Glad to have you in the Shack, Eric.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Eric. We got our first snow here in Utah a week or so ago,... not a lot but it would appear that winter is upon us :time-out: I'm not ready for the cold just yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Eric
i just joined tonight. How do you like your system? All stuff I have been thinking of buying. How do the Cambridge Soundworks speakers/sub featuring the MC300 sats
sound? I see Cambridge has been having a lot of discounts, but I have never heard any of the speakers.
Dennis aka nifman

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Cambridge Soundworks MC300 satellite speakers were well reviewed a few years ago. They have been superceded by the MC305 using new technology speakers, drivers and crossovers. I have yet to see a review, but based on the ones I have, I wouldn't hesitate to to get a set. The Onkyo TX-SR606 has got to be one of the best value AVRs available. However, if I were looking for a replacement, I would take a serious look at the new 706.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts