Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...i didn't see a standard format for intros...so here ya go.

My name is Izzie and I live in Atlanta, GA. I'm 34 y/o, former military, and the proud parent of two boys, aged 9 & 11.

My career I am a UNIX system administrator as well as a network administrator.

By hobby, i'm a technogeek in several areas, one of which is audio (which started by playing live music and doing studio recording) engineering. I also play guitar, practice martial arts, doing forum & website administration, etc. I also do video production & VFX.

I bit the bullet due to finances and ended up with a Vizio 46" LCD. I like it so far. I know a LOT of people frown on this brand, but it's what I have and what I could afford. I have NO complaints about it. I've hooked up a HVX200 HD Camcorder to it and the image is pristine and I actually like it better than some of the other brands out there i've hooked the same camera to. But I digress...everyone has what they have and that's to no fault of the owner.

I look forward to interacting with you all...i've skimmed a bit and I like it and foresee a lot of time spent here :-D

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
As a fellow techno-geek, former system admin, part time webmaster, and journeyman custom installer, I welcome you aboard!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy madhorizons and welcome to the Shack!

Come on in and take ya hat off... stay awhile... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hi Izzie,.. Welcome to the Shack. Not much on formality around here, just like to keep things family friendly :T

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Hello all...i didn't see a standard format for intros...so here ya go.

:-D
No standar format for intro ... just say Hello and you're Welcome :wave:

If you're happy with your TV and that's all you can afford today ... that's what it counts :yes:

You'll have plenty of time to upgrade everything :bigsmile:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No standar format for intro ... just say Hello and you're Welcome :wave:

If you're happy with your TV and that's all you can afford today ... that's what it counts :yes:

You'll have plenty of time to upgrade everything :bigsmile:
Thanks! and we are happy with it. My last HDTV was a 32" CRT....which we loved...just wasn't big enough for the new place (apartment was fine).

Glad to be here....i'm already addicted to the forums....and the HT gallery....*** you guys are amazing

::insert jealousy here::

I

·
0 Posts
Greetings fellow admin!

Do you stick to one flavor of Unix or is your shop a hodge-podge?

--JamesT

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greetings fellow admin!

Do you stick to one flavor of Unix or is your shop a hodge-podge?

--JamesT
Guess it depends on which shop.

Work is like this: Solaris 10 with Oracle & Fedora with MySQL & PHP
Home is OS X/Darwin for video FX & editing and Slackware (probably next install = Ubuntu) for hosting & gaming (WoW on WINE)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts