Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I found this site when I was seeting information about the JL Audio subs. I liked what I saw so much I signed right up!

While I'm a fan of home theater, 2-channel is where my heart and soul are at. Having said that, I can't remember a more exciting time for multi-channel, both visually and sonically. It doesn't seem that long ago when the best source was VHS hi-fi, (or a massive LD player if you were really into it). The best receivers sported noisy analog decoders with a massive 15 watts RMS for the center channel (doah!) and you had a killer TV if it had a dynamic comb filter. Looking back on all that, it isn't too much of a reach to call this the golden age of home theater.

Still, when I'm not making wine at home (or consuming it), I tend to end up in the room of the house with no phone, or Internet, or gaming system, or even TV. Nope, what my soul usually needs at the dimming of the day is a big leather couch, the wine, and Ella, or Sarah, or Stevie Ray or....you get the idea.

You would think I'd get enough of it during the day, but work just gets me fired up to play. I manage the retail portion of Audio Classics in Vestal NY. We are a strange and "committed" crew, but it is really an honor to be in such good company, and immersed in so much great gear. McIntosh, both new and restored, is where we have made our name, but we see just about everything imaginable come through our door at one time or another. For me, the Mac connection goes pretty deep. Being raised in Binghamton, and a stereo junkie since grade school, it is now a source of pride to represent the company I loved so much as a kid. It doesn't hurt that they are 13 minutes from our shop either!

Anyway, that's enough about me. Hope you all enjoy a happy, safe, and meaningful Christmas, and I look forward to meeting you all!

Happy Listening!

Brian Smith
Audio Classics

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hi Brian, Welcome, glad you like our little slice of the Internet. Looking forward to seeing you around the neighborhood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts