Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a long time lurker who finally registered. Don't know what took me so long.

HT in one form or another has been a part of my life for more than 20 years. Dating back to the VCR and Dolby Pro-Logic. What a long strange trip its been... Like many here the equipment list changes with some regularity. I guess that's one of the things that makes this hobby fun.

As of today the HT system consists of a Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi driving a set of DIY coaxial speakers (Adire HE 10.1), an IB subwoofer, Behringer EP 2500, BFD, LG BD-390, LG 50" Plasma, Apple-TV, Directv HD-DVR, Hitachi PJ-TX100 projector, and a Da-Lite 92" pull down screen. All of it managed by a Philips Pronto remote. I'm very pleased with every aspect of the system and it provides me with many hours of entertainment.

I do have to admit that lately my "obsession" has been with 2-channel audio. There I have an Emotiva USP-1 preamp, UPA-2 amp, and ERC-1 CD player. Additional sources include a Clearaudio Emotion turntable, a Sony XDRF1HD tuner, and an Apple-TV (the same one as above). All of this driving a pair of completely rebuilt and upgraded Klipsch La Scala speakers. Oh yea... This system is also tied to the IB sub but I rarely turn it on for music.

All of the equipment referenced above is powered and protected by a PanaMax Max-5300 hooked to a dedicated 20 amp circuit.

I'm happy to be here and hope that I'll be able to make a "positive" contribution at some point.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Welcome Jhoak! That's quite a list!

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome my fellow Floridian. Your 2 Channel rig sounds quite nice. La Scala's are true classics and must bring much joy. And Clearaudio makes killer Turntables. The combo of hyper efficient speakers and a very high quality turntable must be addictive.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Jeff, welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay at the Shack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts