Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one & all, so pleased i joined up as this looks like a superb shack to hang out in :wave:

I have been designing & building loudspeakers for over 20 years & just wished i'd had internet access & WinISD back in the day. Obviously i have an HT system which is part & parcel of the hifi setup, still assembling it all actually, i hope to get to where i want to be going inside of a year or so :foottap:

I found this great forum via google & DIY Audio forum, when i was looking up on information on various Danley tapped horns including the DTS10. Someones going to be rocking the house literally!

Good to be here anyway, i'll hopefully get to get some pictures up of a loudspeaker & sub build that should be going ahead next year. Meanwhile i'll probably be asking a few questions & helping out if i can.

Bests to all

Mark.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Mark, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hi Mark! Glad to have you here. Make sure you take pics throughout so we can see the progress!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Many thanks for the kind welcome people :wave:

glaufman I'd upload a couple of pics but i just remembered that this forum is to be kept clear, doesn't look like there is an album section either :rolleyesno: I'll see what i can figure out :scratch: Actually my mistake, i was refering to the list of equipment thread..I'll drop a couple of pics in the attachments section rather than in the post, heavily modified NS1000Ms that will be my rear speakers. Now semi active with the original 12" bass inside the cabinet, 4th order bandpass. Heavily braced & 36mm thick, they sound rather nice :gulp:

recruit Well it's about time we had a little fun over here, not much else to celebrate :rofl:

Again, thanks to all for the welcome. I'm sure given time i'll catch you around the shack :T Bests to all on here!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Mark, Simply upload you pictures to our image gallery then simply copy the image location and paste it into the post using the
icon located just above where you type in your quick reply message.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tony, i tried creating an album but i'm not 100% sure i did the right thing :scratch: I can't appear to find any way of loading pictures to what i did :whistling: Ta for the suggestion anyway, i'm sure i'll work it out given time.

John Thanks very much, i think if you are going to have to live with something it needs to look presentable :T

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome Mark. Very impressive design on your speakers. Excellent driver quality.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Mark. Beautiful speakers! Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks very much for the compliments Jack & Dennis, hello to you both :wave:

I have sussed out the upload to the image gallery so i'll use that in future, took my time but got there in the end :T

Again, thanks for the warm welcome - it's a superb shack that i enjoy hanging about in. You have certainly all made me feel at home so to speak :yay2:

Bests to all, Mark.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts