Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I live in Kenya on the South Coast of Mombasa.
We have very little in the way of television down here but I do have over 4000 movies on DVD and hard drive.
I bought an Hitachi projector 3 years back and sent it for service and it got lost in the post.
I had a friend in the States who bought me another over just a few months back and I am having troubles with it already and am reluctant to send it for servicing anywhere.
Thought you guys might be able to steer me in the right direction before I have to make other choices.
The projector is an Hitachi CP-WX3030WN
Just in the last week the lamp started cutting out after about 1 hours operation.
I had the temp light on and could not turn it off normally so I turned it off at the mains.
I let it cool down for half an hour and it was ok again for 10 minutes. Same procedure.
I then started getting Air flow messages. Hence cleaned the filter which did not look dirty.
Turned it back on and this time lasted 2 seconds.
I then removed the lamp cover and removed the lamp.
Put it all back in place and turned it on again.
This time it lasted over an hour.
Checked a few places and was given the information that I could increase the fan speed.
Could not find that option.
Any ideas?
Warning! Our normal temperature around here is 30C.
Regards from Kenya
Aussiemike

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack, Aussiemike. We are happy you chose to join us! :clap:

How many hours do you have on the lamp? First guess would be a bad lamp, but with the difference in time running maybe a bad connection from the ballast to the lamp?

Also, tell us about Mombassa. Most of us know little to nothing about the place.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack! You're going to find this is a great destination.

If you're a Facebook user, be sure to click on the Facebook icon at the top of the page and Like us on Facebook!

Enjoy! Todd

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to HTS, Glad you could join us.....:wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts