Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello A/V fans,

I am an automotive audio guy who worked for Delphi Delco Electronics. I was leader of the team that developed the Monsoon system for vehicles. I now operate Stroud Audio Inc. which is focused on the automotive audio business, or at least, was supposed to be :bigsmile:

One of the activities we are doing is church sound systems. Room EQ Wizard is just about perfect for measurement in this field. I can't get the Mac's REQ generator to work right, but it works fine on my PC.

I've designed a asymmetrically-truncated octahedron, which will mount nine speakers, to do reverberation testing. Some use a dodecahedron, but that uses 12 speakers. Mine uses fewer...

Anyway...nice to be here. Have fun with acoustics. I do.

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hello Richard, Welcome to the Shack. Plenty of REW experts around here, I'm sure we can help you out.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy rsstroud and welcome to the Shack!

Looking forward to seeing you around often... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard the Shack Richard!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm greetings.

REW works just fine on my Dell Laptop and my 2.4 Ghz iMac with Leopard (1 GB).

The generator part does not work right on my 867 Mhz Macbook laptop running 10.4 (512MB) or my 1 GHz desktop Mac running 10.4 (768 MB). The generator puts out a signal, but puts out something that sounds like strong aliasing noises until I lower it to -60 dB. This can't solve the problem, as the measurement sweep returns it to -20 dB.

I updated Java, but that didn't change anything.

The sound preference panel does not show an overload.

Do you think this could be a processor, operating system, or memory issue?

Thanks for any assistance.

Richard in Kokomo

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum ...:wave:

Enjoy your stay with us :yes:

By the way ...I have the Monsoon system on my Solstice (my avatar picture) :bigsmile: :whistling:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts