Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No, not the city. Just a little upstate, about 70 or so miles north of Manhattan. The Mid Hudson Valley to be a bit more specific.

I've been a home theater enthusiast since the early 90's. I'm a film buff who's also into music and video games. Basically anything to do with A/V and I'm there. I don't have any over-the-top gear but my set-up is still far nicer than anyone I personally know. Probably because I'm knowledgeable about what I'm looking for and buying while most of my friends don't know much and simply go by what the latest trend is or what some barely trained salesman says. I stick to my point of diminishing return. I just can't justify spending 3x the price for something that's gonna yield a 1-2% increase in performance or an extra bell & whistle.

Let's get this straight right from the get-go... I can be opinionated. That said, I don't form opinions, views or conclusions lightly and I will stick to them. Just please don't take anything I may post negatively. If I'm passionate about something, I'll argue it to the end. If it's a factual argument and I can be shown wrong, I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong. If it's simply a matter of taste or pure opinion/point of view... Don't criticize mine & I won't criticize yours. Different tastes are what make the world such a diverse place. If it weren't for them all, we'd be eating the same food, driving the same car and listening to one band. Live & let live.

Unfortunately, I'm at work right now and can't give (most) specific model numbers, but here's a brief overview of my system...

LIVING ROOM
Display: 55" 4k Samsung
Receiver: Onkyo 7.1 Dolby Atmos
Power Conditioner: APC
Blu-ray: Oppo 203
CD: Yamaha 5-Disc
CD Recorder: Harman Kardon
EQ: AudioSource 10-Band
Phono: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
Headphones: Grado & Audio Technica
Game Systems: Xbox One X/Sony PS4
Speakers: Polk Audio RTi A7 (front), RTi A4 (surround), CCi (center) & Polk Audio 12" Sub (all cherry finish)

BEDROOM
Display: 43" 4k LG
Receiver: Yamaha Aventange 7.1 (running in stereo)
Game System: Xbox One (original model)
Speakers: Polk Audio (bookshelves)

SPARE/GAMEROOM
Display: 32" 1080p Vizio
Game Systems: Xbox One S, PS3, Wii, Sega Dreamcast & Atari Jaguar
Sound: Vizio Soundbar (packaged with TV)

Like I said, nothing over the top but nice enough.

As I also said, I'm into movies, music & games. My tastes are pretty wide & eclectic even though I do have preferred genres in each. Again, just to get a sense of who I am, I'll post short lists of some of my favorites (I love lists)...

MOVIES
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
The Ten Commandments
The Shining
Blade Runner
Forbidden Planet
The Shawshank Redemption
Star Wars (all of 'em)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Amelie

MUSIC