Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

New to the forum, a been interested in home theater for several years. Living in Huntsville. Raising two teenage daughtersand working doesn't really allow me to do much more than dream about high end equipment or constructing media rooms, but....

Still working out the transition from stereo to 5.1. Not quite sure music was intended to be encoded into surround sound. Lost my stereo amp recently, as well as my old cabinet speakers. At this point I feel like my systems are limping by. Trying to put aside some money while doing research.

Hope to end up with a nice room to listen to music, maybe DIY speakers, and a projector to watch in another room. I want the option to relax to some tunes with a cold beverage while my daughters and their friends watch Gilmore Girls in another room. So plenty to learn plenty to research looks like a good place to start. 4 more to go.:bigsmile:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy HSV HTGuy and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you enjoy your stay... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Hi dennis, glad you have you here. Have fun, Dennis

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Dennis, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Thanks sonnie Who's the band in the avatar?? its driving me crazy, as I'm sure i recognize them.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
:thud: I thought everyone knew who that was... :bigsmile:

Pink Floyd... and the single shot is of David Gilmour.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks Was driving me crazy all weekend, almost dragged out all my old vinyl to see if I could find that photo. Ever hear "TOYBOX"? Three guys, tiny drumset [3piece] and do excellent covers for Beatles and Floyd. The fact that they're English doen't hurt. Have seen them here in Huntsville a few times if you get a chance check them out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts