Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Greetings Everyone.

Please allow me to introduce myself and share some of my background so you can get to know a little about me.

My screen name is NOYB (None of Your Business) :neener:

I have an Associate of Science degree as an Electronics Engineering Tech from Lane Community College in 1984 (Eugene, OR). Have been employed by a major high tech company for the duration, you would all recognize the name, but this is not about my employer and they do not particularly like us dropping/associating the company name in relation to our personal activities. Especially in online forums etc., because they do not want people to misconstrue our words/views etc. to be representing the company. You know, all that reputation and legal stuff.

I have played some acoustic rhythm guitar in a small Christian band we had while going to college. Have been involved in operating sound systems for a few churches with faculties for any where from one hundred to a couple thousand people, and music department putting on some top notch Christmas and Easter musical/drama productions. I’ve always been partial to the Christmas productions, I think because they were typically more concert like, though the Easter music dramas can really touch the heart and bring people to tears. Also supported some additional church related venues with sound reinforcement services from time to time.

Purchased my first HiFi stereo system in 1980 consisting of Kenwood receiver/125 watt amp, a pair of Epicure (EPI) model 200C speakers :sweat: and Kenwood turntable and cassette deck. All of which I still have, and still sounds great. Power/sound level only needs to be adequate, but sound quality can never be too good. Translation: I’ll take sound quality over excessive power and sound level every time. Being loud without sounding good is egg on face. Also have a pair of Klipsch Industrial Split LaScalla’s (200 watts continuous, 750 peak/1 sec. intervals) :hsd: and a couple of other pieces of junk last century audio electronics.

So to summarize. I’ve been around audio a fair amount and have some technical background knowledge, though probably not nearly as much as many of you here, and would not classify myself as expert or authority. Just some basic knowledge and experience, and looking to expand it some more.

Thanks for entertaining my introduction.
- NOYB

P.S. :T A note to the forum owners and moderators. Bravo on the language rules. My view is that if a person is unable to adequately communicate without the use of profanity/swearing , then they need to expand their vocabulary.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard NOYB,

I also love the live experience of being the sound engineer for our Church. I've ran sound for many years at our church of 1200+ people and the Christmas concerts with the live 40 piece orchestra and choir is just hart warming. That coupled with also running the lighting for the concerts if not on sound duty has always been the most fun.

Enjoy your stay here at the Shack.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there partner and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you find yourself hanging with us regularly... :T

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome NOYB. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts