Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Two years ago my wife found this house and wanted to move in immediately. I wasn't all that keen on doubling the house payment at the time, but she made a powerful argument in favor of it. Most of the basement space was finished and looked to be just about ideal for a small home theater. This made it possible to make a dream of mine a reality–-if only on a modest scale. We made the move and even though it is still a work in progress, my little HT materialized. She calls it "the bat cave."

I would never call myself anything close to an A/V expert, but I have learned a lot in these last two years. I am impressed with the level of expertise on this forum and expect to learn even more. Maybe I can throw in an entertaining post here and there from time to time.

:T

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Howdy John and welcome to the Shack!

The potential for a dedicated HT room will make you do a lot of unusual things... like take up half your two car garage. :R

Nice list of gear there... I'm sure you'll fit right in with us Shacksters.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sonnie said:
The potential for a dedicated HT room will make you do a lot of unusual things... like take up half your two car garage. :R
Yes indeed Sonnie, I checked out your installation and thought cutting a garage in half was far more dedication than I have.:thumb: Nice one!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome all. I debated on posting pictures over in the Gallery, but I think neither my camera quality, nor my room is ready to brag about yet. Besides, I don't want to be next to Movieman's thread. I mean his receiver is worth more than my whole system. Now that's an HT!

Yesterday I went out to buy a new digital camera, but came home with a Tripp-Lite HT1000UPS instead. That says something about my priorities. ;) As you say Tommy

Out of my running budget/total I've spent over 10k. This is not a cheap hobby.... sheesh

(Does any golfer really know what they've blown on greens fees?)

Anyway, here's a couple:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts