Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, barumba here. Just taking a moment to say hello. I stumbled across this forum, while snooping around the CSS webpage. Liked what I saw and read, and so registered.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:wave: Say hello to Nanook for me.....:bigsmile:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Welcome to the Shack! Enjoy the forums!
Mike, I really enjoyed your 10" PR X 2 sub build.
I built a PR sub about 8 years ago with good old Adire Audio Shiva 12" driver and 15" PR. The driver is down firing. The sub carcase is 3/4" MDF, laminated with 1/2" cherry veneer plywood. The radius corner edge treatment is solid 1/2" cherry. The stain is cherry. This beast is as solid as a rock. Digs deep into the low 18-20's. I have popped a few drywall screws when playing U-571 (depth charges), and Independence Day (nuclear missile in the mother ship) at reference level, 105-115 db.
My wife was not impressed when the picture above the sub hit the floor, shook out of its moorings. My good luck that the glass did not shatter.
I love the sound of rolling thunder.
Here are a few pics. I made the component rack, also.

hmm, no pics. Give me a while, let me figure this out.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mike, I really enjoyed your 10" PR X 2 sub build.
I built a PR sub about 8 years ago with good old Adire Audio Shiva 12" driver and 15" PR. The driver is down firing. The sub carcase is 3/4" MDF, laminated with 1/2" cherry veneer plywood. The radius corner edge treatment is solid 1/2" cherry. The stain is cherry. This beast is as solid as a rock. Digs deep into the low 18-20's. I have popped a few drywall screws when playing U-517 (depth charges), and Independence Day (nuclear missile in the mother ship) at reference level, 105-115 db.
My wife was not impressed when the picture above the sub hit the floor, shook out of its moorings. My good luck that the glass did not shatter.
I love the sound of rolling thunder.
Here are a few pics. I made the component rack, also.

hmm, no pics. Give me a while, let me figure this out.
Let's try this again...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya, those Hsu designed sonotube subs were pretty impressive. A friend made one, but his wife didn't get along with it. SAF was way low.
Thanks, again Mike, for the tip on posting photos.
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts